WHY WEAR PROALP FOOTWEAR?
A COMPANY PHILOSOPHY
Our vision is to make shoes from tested natural materials, in accordance with strict European standards and with a great deal of sympathy for living in harmony with nature. We make the shoes in a traditional manner with a lot of manual work at our home, under the Alps Mountains, but we always incorporate new knowledge and know-how as well.
When we are creating the conditions for the comfort of your feet in our shoes, we also pay great attention to the external shape of the shoe so that it is still appealing and likeable. We also make shoes to suit the individual needs of our customers and adapt them to fit a deformed leg.
An integral part of our activities is constant growth, and we continuously strive toward the use of natural materials in order to create an optimal climate within the shoe, even during all-day wear time. We realise that colours have a significant effect on our well-being. With us, everyone can pick their favourite colour or colour combination.
We strive to enable anyone, who wears Proalp shoes, good well-being and a spring in their step, with the help of our colour palette, attractive shape and good shoe climate.
FLEX-STITCHED MANUFACTURE OF PROALP SHOES
Flex-stitched manufacture of footwear is a traditional way of making footwear, where the upper part of the shoe is stitched on the insole, thus providing flexible footwear. In modern times, it is rare for anyone to manufacture shoes following this method; more common procedures are using glue and injection moulding. Flex-stitched manufacture of footwear includes a lot of manual work and requires a lot of time, is quite demanding and an expensive procedure. However, the advantages of this type of manufacture are huge, and such flex-stitched-shoes production is considered a luxury in the footwear industry.
HOW TO CARE FOR PROALP FOOTWEAR
By taking proper care of shoes, we maintain their nice appearance, durability and resistance to various weather conditions. Experiences show that Proalp footwear can be worn everyday without it becoming moist from sweat. However, we recommend you periodically give your favourite shoes a “day off”; here are some other tips:
– When out of season, insert a crumpled absorbent paper (it can be newspaper) inside the shoe, which will retain its shape.
– Air-dry wet shoes, away from heating appliances that can dry out your shoes and therefore cause them to loose their water resistance.
– Wipe dirty shoes with a damp cloth, if needed, add a very small amount of gentle dishwashing liquid and then air dry. Do not soak Proalp shoes in water, or wash them in a washing machine.
– You can apply colourless shoe cream on smooth shoes; a regular hand cream is also adequate; apply a little cream on a cloth and spread it over the surface of the shoe. Leave it on for a while, then wipe it off and smooth it with a cloth. When applying a new cream on the shoes, test it on a less noticeable part before you apply it on the entire surface.
– All variations of non-smooth shoes can be brushed with a special-purpose brush and impregnated with a colourless spray.
How often should you clean and care for you shoes? Everyone has his own standards regarding that, we recommend you do this a few times in a season.